dear artists, you know i love you dearly. i play you on my show, i play you on my ipod, i play you at parties and to friends. i care about you.
and i know you have a difficult job. you’re creative, and the man is trying to suck the juice out of you to make some money for themselves. i follow you on that, he’s trying to do the same to me.
and don’t get me wrong! i know you’re not all technologically adept. it’s hard to remember which plug is firewire and which is usb. it’s all good. there’s a learning curve, i know. but please, guys. start using id3 tags properly. here’s how:
- download iTunes. unless you’re on linux. (and if you are, you don’t need this).
- install it. this varies depending on what kind of computer you have. don’t worry, you can do it. i believe in you.
- launch the app and agree to whatever draconian bullshit apple wants you to.
- click and drag your song into iTunes.
- the song will appear. it may start playing. marvel at the simplicity.
- look at your song. (note: it might not even have the name of it there, it might just say ‘song’. i assure you, it is still your song.)
- press Ctrl+I (or on a Mac, Cmd+I).
- click on ‘info’.
- fill in fields such as ‘name’, ‘artist’, and ‘album’.
- ‘genre’ would be nice too.
- click here and select ‘subscribe’. (optional but appreciated! :))
- the podosphere thanks you! you’re done.